Now, we all know everyone loves school holidays (especially me), but when we end up getting to that time, we don't really have anything to do. This is just a few ideas of something you can get up to:
- Read: These holidays I have recently been reading a decent bit of 'An abundance of Katherine's' By John Green (I recommend). This is a good way to relax and just pass a few hours really. Get a nice spot outside in the sun and read for a good few hours.
- Take up Yoga/Pilates: Not only is this good for your body but very relaxing for the mind. You could either go to a class during the day or you could simply do it at home (this is what I do).
- Make plans with friends: Hanging with friends in the holidays is a good idea, it still keeps you social and you still get to do fun things! Grab a coffee with them, lunch, go shopping, go for a nice walk perhaps?
- Paint: These holidays I walked down to my local bay and bought a canvas, paint and some paint brushes. I think painting is a good way to calm and relax whilst out on the deck in the sun. I have been painting with both acrylic and water colour paints. This definitely helps pass the time and is also very fun :)
- The Zoo: I personally love the Zoo and seen as though I live in Auckland I have a fantastic zoo not too far away from me. This is always a great resort if it is a sunny day and you are in the mood for looking at some animals :)
- Beach day: Drive up the coast and you have lovely beaches here in sunny old NZ! Take a towel and lie down. Soak up some sun and interact with the family!
- Rainbow's End: In NZ we have a nice theme park called 'Rainbow's End'. It is very fun for all the family and friends and is quite affordable!
Lots of Love, Heather x x x