Pages

Sunday 18 August 2013

Welcome to my blog :)

Hi there! My name is Heather Brook and I live in New Zealand. Originally from the UK I seem to have lost the accent a tad. I am trying this whole 'blog' thing out because I seem to enjoy writing and sharing my stories :) Now, I'm not sure generally what I am supposed to be writing about on here, so I will just tell you a little bit about the life of Heather so far!

As you have read, I come from England but my family and I immigrated to New Zealand when I was 8 years of age. From living in Manchester to moving to Auckland, my life changed drastically! I didn't realise the full impact of this move until I was about 12. Things were a lot different compared to the UK, like people from New Zealand replace the e's in a word to i's. As in 'pen' they would pronounce it as 'pin' and I could not get the hang of it at first but I adapted to the language :) Coming from the UK I was used to such cold weather temperatures but when I came to New Zealand it was another story totally! The weather is beautiful in NZ and they have the loveliest coasts, that is something I could only get in Blackpool, a beach. Still, the beach we always went to never had any sun shed on it. Everything in New Zealand was utterly confusing to me, like the kids always seemed to go to school with no shoes on. WHAT. This came as a surprise to my family because you would have never seen anything like this in England. There are pro's and con's to England and NZ but I now class NZ as my home and I love everything about it.

Now me, I found a few questions from the 'all about me' tag:

1.Do you have a middle name?
I do indeed, it’s Lee

2. What was your favourite subject in school?
English and dance!

3. What’s your favourite drink? 
My favourite drink is probably vimto :)

4. Favourite song at the moment? 
Sundown by Charlie Simpson
 
5. What would you name your children? 
 I've never really thought about this, but when I was younger I always wanted kids with rhyming names.

6. Do you participate in any sports? 
 It depends if you count dance as a sport or not?

7. Favourite Book?
Right now, probably the pretty little liars series, I recommend highly!!

8. Favourite Colour?
mint green or baby blue

9. Favourite Animal? 
I would say right now it's probably an elephant :)
 
10. Favourite perfume? 
Pure seduction by Victoria's secret

11. Favourite holiday?
I went on holiday a fair bit when I was younger but I went to Spain and that was great!

12. Have you graduated College?
No, I am currently in it. Year 10 and hating it :) But we all have to do it so I don't really have a problem with it.

13. Have you been out of the Country? 
Well, I come from the UK so I had quite a privileged childhood to visit a lot of countries in Europe.

14. Do you speak any other Languages? 
I speak like the tiniest bit of Spanish!

15. Do you have any siblings? 
I have 1 younger brother called Kyle.

16. What’s your favourite store? 
General Issue (Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister, Gap)
 
17. Favourite Restaurant?  
Chand :D (Indian restaurant)

18. Did you like school? 
I don't have a problem with school, I enjoy school I guess, but if I had the option to change my 'option' classes, I wouldn't hesitate.

19. Favourite YouTubers? 
Zoella, Tanya Burr, Jim Chapman, Joe Sugg, Caspar Lee, Marcus Butler, Alfie Deyes, Tyler Oakley, Kingsley, The Shaytards, Louise and Marlece Jensen are just a few :)

20. Favourite Movie? 
I watch the Perks of Being a Wallflower quite a bit :)

21. Favourite Tv show?
Pretty Little Liars and Vampire Diaries are my top 2 right now

22. Pc or Mac?
I would probably say that I would prefer a Mac just because I love the look of them and all

23. What phone do you have?
I have a lovely iPhone 3GS

Personal Q's:
1. What do you order at Starbucks?
Grande Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino

2. One thing in your closet you cannot live without?
Basically all my clothing is shared equally, so my whole wardrobe?

3. What’s one thing most people probably don’t know about you?
Hmmm, I think people don't know that I am a serious baker and I love cooking :)

4. Name one thing you want to do before you die…
I want to travel the world with my best friend, we promised each other we would

5. What’s one food you cannot live without?
 cookies omg

6. What quote/phrase do you live by?
fall down seven times, stand up eight.

7. What’s your most listened to song on itunes?
Air hostess by Busted

8. What kind of style would you define yourself as having?
I love all styles and I think I can't really define myself as having a style because I love changing up my style

9. Favourite number?
4

10. Two Hobbies? 
 playing guitar and shopping

11. Two Pet Peeves?
People who eat noisy/messily and people who don't get/understand where I am coming from or just don't listen to me.

So that is just a little glimpse into my world and I am so excited that I decided to start Blogging! I hope you guys enjoy reading about me and my thoughts on life. I love you all and hope you are having/had an excellent day!

Lots of Love from Heather x x

1 comment: